Friday, December 7, 2012

Today I want to share some positivity. In this season of hustle and bustle, finding the perfect sale, gimme's, gotta-get-it's, and keeping up with the Joneses... take a minute and appreciate all that you have and hold dear.

friday favorite things | finding joy

 Here is my list


  1. My Family You see that header? It's the group of pictures at the top of my blog. Those people make my world go round. Not money. Not things. And if, for some reason, we were unable to wrap presents or trim a tree this year, I know we would all be fine. Because we have each-other.
  2. My Kuerig This one makes me chuckle, and it might make you raise an eyebrow. But the reality is that I'm a slow starter in the morning. Ever tried to start slow with 4 kids and a hubby circling round you with requests and needs before your feet even hit the floor? It's not pretty. My Kuerig makes it bearable.
  3. Our Home My husband and I have been renters for years. His job moved us around, we chose a few moves, and so there was no point in buying our family home. We made that change this year, and at the start of the summer we moved into our first home. It feels amazing knowing that not only is our money not being wasted, but I can do my wife thing and make it FEEL like a home!
  4. Creative Outlets I'm a right brain human through and through. I am left handed, terrible at math, and love to express myself creatively. I write, I sew, I sing, play with makeup and do weird things with my hair, all in the name of creativity. But it's me, and I am so thankful that I have found activities that I connect with that help channel my energy.
  5. 8 Year of Marriage... with a lifetime more to come In a country where the divorce rate is 50%, and most marriages end by the 7th year, I feel like we've accomplished something spectacular having made it to 8. We have definitely grown closer over the last year, and even with our ups and downs I look forward to spending every day of the rest of my life with my husband. With a few girl's nights our thrown in there. ;)
  6. Friends This might look a little far down on my list {and after the Keurig to boot!} but my friends are such an intrinsic part of my life. I talk or text at least 1 of them on a daily basis, they have held me up through some of the hardest times, and stood beside me when I felt like I was on top of the world. Some of them I have never met in person, but if I saw them tomorrow at the grocery store there would be zero weirdness. Sometimes we'll go weeks or months without talking... and then pickup right where we left off. My friends are perfect for me, and I endeavor to be just as well suited for them!
  7. My God "So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last." Matthew 20:16 I leave off with my thankfulness for my God, my faith, not because I thought of it last, and not because I'm more thankful for the rest of these than Him. No, I want this to be last thing you read. I am so thankful that inspite of how badly I screw up on a daily basis I have a God that loves me, forgives me, and constantly gives me new opportunities to challenge myself and grow in Him. 
What are you thankful for today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input!

Unordered List

Labels