Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sneaky Green Tip #3

Posted by Unknown On 6:24 PM | No comments
Sneaky Green Tip #3


Ditch the plastic to go green. When I first moved out on my own I would save the plastic containers from take out, yogurt, cheese... anything so I wouldn't have to spend big bucks on tupperware. After the BPA craze when companies started removing BPA from their plastics, I thought it would be fine to start saving those new BPA free containers. Then I read that often times, in place of BPA, companies are using substances more harmful than even BPA... we just don't know about it yet. I don't know who true this may be, but I'm not willing to gamble on it either. 


  So now I have a glass fetish. I collect glass everywhere and anywhere I can. I save my spaghetti sauce jars. I save the apple juice jar. I buy glass containers from every yard sale, thrift shop, and rummage sale I see. The tops of my cabinets are decorated with my glass finds, and my cupboards, and fridge are full of the work horse variety. I love glass!

www.mygreenlivingideas.com

Kids and glass aren't exactly simpatico, so when it comes to school lunches go for metal, a la Planetbox. The initial investment is more, but they're reusable, have a warranty, and I've heard of their exquisite customer service from friends. When your little ones are snacking out and about you can bring along their snacks in reusable cloth baggies instead of sticking them in ziploc bags. You can make your own DIY snack bags with this super simple tutorial! The kids will love how cute they are, you will love how functional they are, and your husband will love how they save you money in the long run! Sneaky, sneaky!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input!

Unordered List

Labels